Easy Halloween Craft: Plantable Paper Pumpkin
With just a few more days before all the little ghouls and ghosts are out for Halloween, we wanted to present one more easy Halloween craft. Perfect for a few last minute decorations, these festive plantable paper pumpkins are so easy to make, and require few supplies to put together.
What You'll Need:
- Seed Paper (we used burnt orange, mustard yellow, cream and olive green)
- Hole Punch
How to Make It:
1. Cut 1" strips of paper.
2. Cut 8", 10", or 12" length strips from above.
3. Put a hole punch at both ends of each strip.
4. String the ribbon through the top holes of each strip. Tie a knot on top and repeat this through the other set of holes at the bottom of the strips and tie a knot at the bottom.
5. Fan out the strips until your desired pumpkin shape is formed.
We found this easy Halloween craft project on Craftiness Is Not Optional, who just happens to have a fully photographed tutorial, should you wish to see each step.
These plantable paper pumpkins are perfect to add to a table setting, place on a bookshelf, or simply have on display as the trick-or-treaters come knocking (or yelling) at your door. Make a whole bunch, they're great to mix and match with your choice of paper color and a variety of sizes.
We hope you enjoyed all of our DIY Halloween decorations! And don't forget, once Halloween is over, you can plant the seed paper inside for a fresh bouquet of flowers, even if it's cold outside.
And check back on Halloween Monday for an extra-special Halloween post too!
Comments are now closed