Cranberry and Pinecone Ice Bowl
Happy Friday! The holiday entertaining season is here, and I don't know about you, but I love finding inspiration for home holiday decorating. Inspired by our Tranquil Garden Berries design, we made a festive cranberry and pinecone ice bowl that's both a great and useful holiday centerpiece.
Every year at Christmas, my mom makes these ice bowls when we entertain our family and friends. We use this to keep shrimp cool while guests nibble away, or as a extra icy ice bowl at the bar. This holiday centerpiece is SO easy to make with very few supplies.
What you will need:
- 2 Mixing bowls (two different sizes, and make sure there's at least an inch of size difference between the two for thicker ice)
- Cranberries (we used frozen, but fresh would work too)
- Spruce Tree Branches (we love that we found some with pinecones!)
- Something to weigh down the smaller bowl inside of the large one (we used another bowl with water)
How to Make It:
1. Place a 1 inch thick layer of water on the bottom of the bigger mixing bowl to make a solid base.
2. Place the bowl in the freezer for a couple hours until it's frozen.
3. Next, place the smaller bowl on top of the frozen layer in the larger bowl.
4. Add weight inside the smaller bowl to keep it from floating when more water is added.
5. Add another inch or so of water around the outside, and make sure you have enough weight in the smaller bowl.
6. Drop some cranberries and sprigs of pine in. Freeze again.
7. Once frozen, add in more cranberries and pine sprigs, and pour water in up to the top. Make sure some sprigs go above the water line so they stick out and add character!
8. Freeze again and you're done!
We only used a couple layers of freezing, but you can do as many as you like! You can also try using other festive fillers such as orange and lemon slices. These ice bowls are really stunning, but will eventually melt down slowly. So when you make your own ice bowl, be sure to have a drip pan underneath!
Carry on the winter berry theme by giving guests a party favor to take home. Our Tranquil Garden Berries Coil Bound Plantable Notepads are festive and perfect to organize their holiday plans and lists. The cover is plantable, so once the notebook is filled, guests can plant the seed paper cover and a pot of wildflowers will grow.
Or with all the pine in your ice bowl, why not add Pinecone Plantable Place Cards to the table?
Don't forget to stock up on party favors or do some holiday shopping while we are offering free shipping on orders over $49 to Canada and the US!
Comments are now closed