Botanical PaperWorks Celebrates 15 Amazing Years
Hello everyone, I'm so happy to be writing this blog post to celebrate 15 years of business at Botanical PaperWorks. I can hardly believe that it's been 15 years, the time has gone so fast, but as I reflect on our accomplishments as a company, it's exciting to see how we've grown and expanded over the years.
At our celebration lunch on May 11, we took some time to look back to 1997 and remember some of the things that were going on in the world at the time.
- 1997 was the Flood of the Century in Manitoba, the province in which we live and work. Many people were displaced as their homes were flooded. The whole city helped out with sand-bagging and dike building.
- The world lost Princess Diana and Mother Teresa in that same year, and in the process lost two of the biggest advocates for the poor and sick.
- Back then, we didn't know how big this was going to be, but "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" was first published in Britain in 1997.
- In entertainment, it was the year of some big time movies, like Titanic, Men in Black and Liar Liar. Titanic celebrated their 15 year anniversary this year and no one can forget Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On" being played in every mall and shopping center.
- Steve Jobs returned to Apple to make it into the company it is today; given how much I love my iPad, I'm sending him a big thanks.
And of course, Botanical PaperWorks was founded by me (Heidi) and my Mom Mary as a paper company with a mission to make eco-responsible paper using locally-sourced ingredients.
It's pretty cool that 15 years later, we're still in the business of making eco-friendly paper, and we've been helping individuals and companies celebrate their important life events with our seed paper products all these years. We've had the privilege of being part of celebrations both happy and poignant with our wedding invitations, memorial products and corporate promotional products. Thank you to you, our customers, who have allowed us into your lives over this last decade and a half!
For me personally, it's been a privilege working with so many great people who have been part of the company. I wish I could get everyone in a room and say thanks, but we'll use this blog to spread the word!
I'm also thankful for our vendors who have worked with use from the start, including our raw material suppliers, our shipping suppliers and our consultants.
I have many thanks to spread around, and to you reading this blog post, thank you as well! We're proud of our company history and excited about what lies ahead. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Comments are now closed