Easy and Fun Halloween Recipe
Honestly, there's not too many treats that are easier to prepare than Rice Krispie treats. So if you're a mom on the go, but still want to have a little fun with the kids for Halloween, these Spooky Krispie treats are your answer. They're also a great treat for the kids to help with, and a fun treat to send with the kids to school for their class Halloween parties.
What You'll Need:
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- Festive Halloween cookie cutter shapes - we used a bat and a pumpkin but we've used a gingerbread man before and decorated him like a mummy which was also fun!
- Decorative (and edible) gel or frosting pens.
- Cake pop stick.
- In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using a buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Remove from pan.
- Cut out shapes with cookie cutters and remove from pan.
- Insert the cake pop sticks into the bottom in the centre.
- Decorate with frosting or gel.
- If your kids are gifting them to classmates this Halloween, wrap them in plastic and tie with a festive bow. You could even attach spooky little name tags to them if you want.
Hopefully this gives you a fun and easy treat to make with your kids this Halloween, for more great Halloween treats that are fun and easy check out our Halloween Pinterest Board. Click here for other Halloween free printables, decor ideas and more.
And if you still want more fun Halloween ideas for the kids, click here!
Comments are now closed