To put it mildly: we love polka dots.
They can be elegant, playful, bright or demure. They're simple, and can be as loud or as subltle as you want them to be. We think that's what makes them so darn irresistible.
So you can imagine the joy we felt when putting together our latest wedding inspiration board devoted to polka dot-themed wedding ideas. The bold pattern of the polka dot when used just right exudes a fun and flirty vintage-esque vibe, and (in our opinion) are best utilized when only adding them to specific elements of your wedding. Check out some of these great wedding ideas where we think that polka dots were used "just right".
1) This Britart wedding cake is one in a series brought to us by Martha Stewart Weddings. The series was Called Wedding Cakes Inspired by Works of Art. This contemporary and quirky cake took inspiration from the "Spot" series, by english artist Damien Hirst.
2) This Polka Dot Oscar de la Renta wedding dress worn by this beautiful bride is breathtaking. This was a perfect combination of fun and elegance for her ranch wedding in Malibu. See the rest of this fun and unique wedding shot by the very talented Meg Perotti.
3) Events to a T, a premier event planning and consulting company, bring us these beauties, BHLDN Polka Dot Mary Janes...love at first sight!!
4) Us girls can't have all of the fun! How awesome is this yellow and grey polka dot bow tie? We love how it makes a statement, but the polka dots aren't overwhelming. It really adds to the charm of this rustic vintage wedding in Texas, brought to us by the knot.
5) These polka dot umbrellas are the perfect way to have some fun if a little bit of rain dampers your Big Day. They sure came in handy when it started to rain at these romantic outdoor nuptuals. Check out the rest of this charming farm wedding at 100LayerCake.com.
6) Share the details of your big day with your guests on this modern and romantic Plantable Polka Dots Invitation. These eco-friendly plantable wedding invitations are printed on seed paper that grows wildflowers when planted. Your guests will love planting their invite, and using it as a blooming reminder of your wonderful day.
7) Giant wedding balloons are already a standout option, make them even bolder with bright spots! We were blown away by this gorgeous wedding photographed by the talented Millie Hollomon Photography team. There was so much attention payed to every little detail, including the giant balloons for their send-off, so cute!
Make sure you check out our Pinterest board. We have posted all of these great ideas and many more!
(as seen on Thirty Handmade Days)