Wow, the eighth edition of the 12 Weeks of Christmas is here! And with Christmas less then a month away, you've probably got holiday decorations on the brain. Here to help you out with that challenge is a Hanging Stars free printable. There are two different color schemes to choose from and each includes three different sizes. Along with the free printable, which by the way includes three adorable patterns for each of the three stars, there's also a step by step tutorial to show you just how easy and fun this project will be.
- 6 pages (to make 3 stars) of 8.5 x 11 white cardstock
- Cutting board and exacto knife or scissors will work just fine
- Hot glue gun
- String, fishing line or twine to hang
- Download and print the free printable hanging stars (2 to choose from: red with green or red with blue)
- Make sure to print each pattern twice, you'll need 2 squares for 1 star
- Cut out the patterned square shapes
- Follow the below picture tutorial
Here are your 2 free printable download files to choose from:
- Fold the square in half once, and again once more then open - this should give you 4 even square crease marks (I'll refer to these as your straight lines).
- Take the square and fold it the opposite way making a triangle, fold once more to create a smaller triangle then open - this will give you your diagonal crease lines.
- Measure and mark just less then half way down each 4 of your straight crease lines. Cut from your mark to the edge on all 4 of these lines.
- Fold each flap over, make sure it aligns with the diagonal crease line. Once you have done all 8 it should look like image 6.
- Glue every other side on your folded flaps and pull the unglued side over top of the glued side.
- Once you have both pieces complete you can attach them to complete your star.
- Glue around the opening edge of just one of your pieces, as shown in image 10. Place the glued piece on top of your unglued piece.
- Pierce a hole through the very top of one of your points. Thread your string through and loop a knot on the end.
- Your star is complete, wasn't that easy!?
Hope you enjoy this week's installment of the 12 Weeks of Christmas. These hanging stars will be a nice addition to your holiday decor. And if you're looking for more great freebies and holiday decorating ideas then check out these favorites of ours: