With the growing popularity of nautical-themed fashion, nautical weddings are on the rise too. This elegant wedding theme gives endless possibilities for whimsy, fun and a truly memorable wedding day as you set sail on your new journey together.
What's really lovely about a nautical wedding theme is that it's full of rich, classic colors like navy, gold and tan, but can also be accented with other vibrant pops of color like red and aqua too.
The day is yours, and hosting a nautical wedding lends itself so well to a more subtly themed day, or going full steam ahead (sorry, we couldn't resist another nautical pun!) into a world of anchors, boats, and sea creatures. The following is just a bit of inspiration for your nautical wedding day.
1) The twine and starfish-wrapped stems on this gorgeous blue bouquet really help to pick up on the nautical theme of this wedding photographed by Brook Roberts Photography.
2) This nautical themed sweets table has SO many fabulous nautical wedding ideas, we can't believe they all fit into one photo! The steering wheel chandelier, the netting on the table, and the seashell and sand centrepieces - all so perfect. Visit the Wedding Chicks blog to see more great nautical ideas from this photo shoot.
3) Add a fun (and plantable) component to your nautical wedding with plantable seed confetti. We've shown French Blue, which would be perfectly paired with so many other nautical-colored seed confetti colors like brick red, latte brown, cream, white, aqua and cornflower blue - the possibilities are endless! And even better yet - once the celebrations are done, each eco-friendly confetti piece will grow beautiful wildflowers, and leave no waste behind.
4) We love the timeless look of these navy bridesmaids dresses that we found on Elizabeth Anne Designs. Paired with bold and elegant pearl necklaces, they're such a great way to tie in a nautical theme, without going overboard.
5) Pull your nautical wedding together with the details, like this fabulous boutonniere for the guys. An easy DIY wedding project, originally seen on Martha Stewart Weddings.
6) Set the tone for your nautical wedding with this gorgeous and modern Nautical Plantable Wedding Collection. Printed on seed paper that's made using post-consumer materials, these eco-friendly wedding invitations will grow wildflowers (or herbs, if you choose) when planted. It's available in five colour options; aqua, latte brown, light blue, peach and rose.
7) This delicate gold anchor bracelet is a great way to tie your nautical wedding theme into your jewellery, and would also make a fabulous gift for bridesmaids! Available from the BeauAndStella Etsy shop.
8) Bring your nautical wedding theme to the tables with this easy-to-do DIY centerpiece courtesy of Real Simple Magazine. Simply glue thick twine to tin cans, and arrange your flowers inside. What a great (and affordable!) idea.
9) Nothing says nautical more than gold and navy, making these shoes from Dorothy Perkins the perfect touch for your wedding day's ensemble.
10) What would a wedding inspiration board be without a cake?! Created by Cityview Bakehouse, this elegant creation captures the nautical wedding theme to a tee, with vibrant red flowers for a punch of color, right down to the tiny nautical star. We're positive it tasted as good as it looks.
Looking for more ideas? Check out all of the inspiration boards for party and wedding style ideas including Geometric, Rustic, Ombre and Hearts. And check out the Nautical Weddings board on Pinterest where we add ideas daily.