Lavender - not only a gorgeous color to create a wedding palette around, but it's also a gorgeous herb. Often mistaken for a flower, this beautiful purple herb smells amazing. Its aroma creates a natural calming effect, which might come in handy on your wedding day. Easily incorporated into bouquets, centrepiece's and favors, it also has a great flavor that will work for signature drinks and baking.
Lavender works beautifully to create a rustic wedding while still maintaining a high level of elegance and sophistication. Here we've paired it with wheat and a few of our favorite lavender wedding ideas to create inspiration for your wedding day. Enjoy!
1) Can you say cutie patootie, we love this floral wreath with lavender accents for the flower girl! See this and many more adorable flower girl and ring bearer ideas at BelleTheMagazine.com.
2) Lavender and Lace, it even sounds pretty. Love the delicate lace shoulder detailing of this lavender dress, it would make stunning bridesmaid dresses.
3) Tricky to make on your own but with a little practice you too can make stunning lavender macaroons, here's the recipe! Or leave it to the experts and order them but either way they make impressive treats to serve on your wedding day.
4) The floral-adorned lettering of this Floral Letters Plantable Wedding Invitation Collection is a sweet way to invite guests to your wedding. The flowers of this invitation collection are both in the ornamentation AND in the paper - each invitation is embedded with wildflower seeds. Your guests can plant the invitation to grow their own bouquets of wildflowers, a fun way to anticipate your special day as it grows near.
5) Rustic and elegant, these mason jars filled with wheat and lavender would make great centrepieces. Get creative and use a few different shapes and sizes to really pull off the look. Not only will they look great but they'll smell great too.
6) As someone who spent hours literally attaching thousands of mini rhinestones to her own wedding shoes, I know a girls wedding shoes are a big deal! These beautiful lavender heels would definitely fit the part as a show stopper and make your bridal attire.
7) So simple and yet sophisticated. We love these boutonnieres, they don't look stuffy or overworked and they feature a great mix of colors and textures.
8) Found this beauty and other great lavender inspiration at Sweet Violet Bride. Everything in this picture from the background to the bouquet and dress and even her hair all work so well together. Consider having your ceremony or at least your pictures near a blooming lavender field. It will give your censes a delightful treat with the vibrant color and sweet aroma and will make your pictures magical. In general lavender is in bloom from June to late September making it a perfect accent for a Summer or Fall wedding.
9) You can always count on Pinterest to find the most amazing ideas, this is no exception. The lavender sapphire set in rose gold and surrounded my mini diamonds is absolutely stunning.
10) Love this idea brought to us by Weddbook.com - incorporate lavender by adding it to your signature drink and have them passed out at cocktail hour!
11) Another spectacular wedding brought to us by Style Me Pretty.com. The dress, the flowers, the background, we could go on but you should check it out for yourselves!
If you love lavender and want even more ideas to inspire a romantic wedding, visit our Pinterest page. And if lavender just isn't for you, check out hundreds of other wedding ideas and Inspiration Boards that will help inspire ideas for your own big day!