With all sorts of fun and exciting events that take place this time of year, we thought we should offer something that will be useful for any and every occasion that comes up. And what's not love about festive signs that add personality to your event decor? Here is a Free Printable Alphabet Banner. It comes with the complete alphabet and also includes an exclamation mark, question mark and heart shape. The best part is, the message is completely customizable. All you have to do is print the letters. The template even comes with a folding flap to easily attach each letter to your banner string.
We've shown you two examples here, LOVE and WELCOME, but there are endless possibilities. Here are a few extra to help you spark up some ideas for your next event.
Ideas for Using Alphabet Banners:
- Weddings: MR and MRS, JUST MARRIED, LOVE, WELCOME, DESSERT, PHOTO BOOTH etc.
- Engagement Parties or Photo Sessions: SAVE THE DATE, LOVE, SHE SAID YES!, HE PUT A RING ON IT!, WILL YOU MARRY ME? etc.
- Birthdays: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KALI'S FIRST BIRTHDAY, CAKE etc.
- Parties: CONGRATULATIONS, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, SHELLEY'S RETIREMENT etc.
- Back to School: classroom decor for teachers - WELCOME, MRS VAUGHN, GRADE 5 etc.
- Home Decor: RYLEIGH'S ROOM, HOME IS WHERE THE (heart shape) IS, LOVE etc
- Holidays: MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY NEW YEAR, GIVE THANKS etc.
What You Need:
- 8.5 x 11 inch printer paper or card stock to print letters on. Colored card stock to add behind each letter. Don't bother being too precise, glue your letters down on your card stock and cut about 1/4 inch border around each letter.
- Scissors or an Xacto knife with ruler and cutting mat.
- Adhesive to glue the letters to your colored card stock. Double sided tape, a glue stick, spray glue will all work well.
- String, ribbon or twine to attach your letters to.
- Mini clothespins - not necessary, but they do make a really cute addition.
- Download the Free Printable Alphabet Banner.
- Choose your message, write it out and count how many of each letter you will need. When you go to print the file, instead of printing them all, select an individual page/letter and change the number of copies to what your message requires. Print on any printer using regular printer paper or card stock. We just used regular white printer paper for ours.
- Cut out each letter by cutting just inside the black dotted line.
- Fold along the dotted line that goes across the top of the triangle - this will create the flap that folds over your string.
- Glue each letter to colored card stock and cut out.
- Fold flaps over your string and glue or tape them closed.
- Repeat until your full message is attached to your string and you're done!
We hope you enjoy this great free printable and it brings a special message to your next event. To keep up with the latest Freebies, Crafts and DIY Projects visit us on Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter.
Like what you see on our blog? Join our mailing list to SAVE $20, receive emails with freebies, projects, coupons, green living tips and decor ideas and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.