There's nothing like the excitement and wonder that children feel during the holiday season. Whether they're helping with holiday baking, decorating the tree or being the best gift-wrapping assistants, kids simply love to partake in all things Christmas! And as the years go by, you'll always think of those moments together as some of your favorite family memories.
This easy holiday craft will give you another way to enjoy more of those incredible moments. Since nothing gets kids more excited than Santa Claus, we're sharing a fun and eco-friendly way to make a Christmas Wish List Upcycle Craft with a FREE printable. Your kids will love transforming old toilet paper rolls into wish lists to hang around the house for Good Ol' St. Nick!
What you'll need:
- Recycled paper cut into 4 inch wide strips and as long as you want them
- Ribbon and twine (colors of your choice)
- Toilet paper rolls (one per Wish List)
- Single hole puncher
- Free Printable Download printed on recycled card stock
If you want to get really creative, you can even upcycle some old wrapping paper and add glitter!
1) Print your FREE Christmas Wish List and cut out the four name plate headers.
2) Write the names on each white space.
3) Punch a small hole in the top left and right corners of the printout.
4) On the piece of recycled paper, have your children write out their wish list for Santa.
5) Punch a small hole at the top of the recycled wish list in the middle of the page.
6) Tape the personalized printable to the wish list.
7) Tape the bottom of the wish list to a roll of toilet paper and roll it upwards.
8) Thread a long piece of ribbon through the top hole and tie a bow around the wish list.
9) Weave a long piece of twine through the top two holes of the printout and tie it in a knot.
After your craft is complete, make sure you hang it somewhere that Santa will be sure to find!
Click here to download the FREE Printable!
If you're looking for other great holiday freebies and DIY's, check out all the 12 Weeks of Christmas post's from last year and the start of this year here.
Make sure to stay in the loop to receive more Christmas goodies by joining our mailing list and following us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. And if you're looking for other great holiday freebies and DIY's check out a few of our favorites from last year.