With Mother's Day just over a month away, you might be looking for some creative ideas to show your amazing mom some love and appreciation. If she loves flowers and gardening, she'll love this pretty handcrafted card that you can make at home with seed paper confetti. That's right the flower petals on this card are made with plantable seed paper so they can be planted in soil after to grow colorful wildflowers.
The free printable card itself can be printed at home or taken to a local print shop, and the heart-shaped confetti pieces are simply glued to the front of the card. It's so easy and fun!
Fold and attach the seed paper heart confetti to create 3D paper flowers
What you'll need:
- Cardstock and access to a printer
- Flowers For You Free Printable PDF
- Biodegradable Heart-Shaped Seed Confetti
- Crafting knife
- Ruler and bone fold
- Glue gun
Here are the steps:
1. Print the Flowers For You Free Printable PDF on to 8.5 x 11 cardstock.
(preferably a paper made with recycled content to be eco-friendly)
2. Score the paper using a bone fold and a ruler where the fold is indicated.
3. Trim the card to the crop marks and fold it. The final size will be 5x7 so if you need an envelope, purchase an A7 size.
4. Prepare the plantable seed paper confetti hearts by folding them down the middle.
(Use a bone fold and a ruler for a nice clean fold)
Note: We used Coral Heart-Shaped Seed Paper Confetti, but you can use whatever color you like best. There are over 25 seed paper colors to choose from.
5. Put a small dot of glue on one side of the seed heart and glue it down so that it lines up with the petals on the artwork.
6. Glue the same side of each heart shape working in a clockwise direction until all the petals are attached. Repeat for each flower head.
That's it! Now you have a wonderful, unique paper flower greeting card for any occasion you like.