This wedding couple pulled out all the stops to achieve the romantic wedding of their dreams, all while considering the impact their decisions would make on the environment. Success! Proving you don't have to sacrifice on style when planning an eco-friendly wedding. Dive in and enjoy all these gorgeous pictures and ideas from Richelle and Nate's Eco-chic wedding.
From the bride, Richelle: “We were so grateful to be able to incorporate Botanical Paperworks products into our wedding – from the invitations to the menus and the favor thank you cards! When planning the wedding, it became evident that I (the bride) was more concerned with the design aspect of items like the invitations, while my husband Nathan was more concerned with the environmental impact of each decision we were making. Botanical Paperworks supplied products that met both of our needs – beautiful designs that were eco-friendly and plantable! The staff at Botanical Paperworks was very responsive and extremely helpful. We will definitely use Botanical Paperworks in the future and would recommend the company to anyone planning an event!”
Eco-friendly ideas featured in Richelle and Nate's wedding:
- Romantic Lace Seed Invitations: Both eco-friendly and stylish, these beautiful plantable invitations can also be planted to grow gorgeous wildflowers. A great way to set the mood for the whole wedding and give guests a little insight into what they can expect from the big day.
- Romantic Lace Seed Menu Cards: Richelle and Nate had two plantable menus at each table. Guests thought they looked nice but it wasn't until someone picked one up and read a little closer that they realized the menus were made out of carrot seed paper. Everyone thought it was the neatest thing, and of course because there were only two per table there was a little friendly debate as to who got to take them home.
- Ombre Butterfly Plantable Favor Tags: The plantable favor tags made the perfect finishing touch to the tasty popcorn favors that were set out at each of the tables. Most of the guests enjoyed the popcorn after working up an appetite on the dance floor and then were able to keep the tag to take home and plant. Like the invite and the menu, the thank you favors compost into the ground leaving no waste, just beautiful wildflowers.
- Giant Ombre Butterfly Heart: Hundreds of tiny little seed paper butterflies were punched out by the bride to add as details to their favor tags as well as make up the giant ombre heart that the couple used as their ceremony backdrop
- Flowers: Hands down, my favorite bridal bouquet to date. The soft colors and textures reflected the romantic vibe of the wedding perfect and accented the bride's dress with precision. The florist used blooms that were in season, and the couple decided to go with dramatic hanging chandeliers instead of flowers at each of the tables.
Guest comment, Marlene: “Never realized until I was rereading the invitation that it will grow wildflowers! I will certainly plant and enjoy your union long after the wedding whenever I look at the flowers. What a great idea.”
What a beautiful couple and wedding, we were honoured to be a part of it. If you are planning a wedding or event and want to choose stylish and eco-friendly stationery, browse through all of our Plantable Collections or contact us. Our knowledgable staff can help you find the perfect fit for your big day.
photography: Kyle Goodridge - for gorgeous photography you can reach Kyle by email email@example.com // stationery: Botanical PaperWorks // venue: The Fort Garry Hotel, Winnipeg, Manitoba // event decor: Decorations By Rick // floral design: Academy Florists // wedding dress: Essence of Australia from Bliss Bridal Boutique