We're back with the 12 Weeks of Christmas and we've got a special treat for you!
There's something about the cool and fresh peppermint flavor that completely embodies the Christmas spirit. And if you mix that with vibrant and traditional Christmas colors like red, green and snow-white, you've got the ingredients for the perfect holiday gift! These Peppermint Patties are simple, delicious and they wrap up beautifully to make the perfect gifts for co-workers, teachers, friends and family.
We hope you enjoy these festive treats that are easy to prepare and use only a few simple ingredients.
What you need:
1/4 cup of softened butter
1/3 cup light corn syrup
4 cups of powdered sugar, divided
1-2 tsp peppermint extract
Red + green food coloring (gel or paste)
1/2 granulated sugar
1) Combine butter and corn syrup together in a small bow
2) Add 2 cups of the powered sugar and mix until well combined
3) Stir in an additional cup of the powdered sugar
4) Add the peppermint extract 1/2 tsp at a time until you reach your desired flavor and mix well
5) Stir in an additional cup of powdered sugar
6) Turn bowl onto a cutting board and sprinkle the last of the powdered sugar. Knead the mixture until sugar is absorbed and completely smooth
7) Divide the mixture into three even portions
8) Tint one portion red, one green and leave one of them white. Make sure to mix the food coloring gel well!
9) Shape the mixture into 3/4 inch balls
10) Sprinkle granulated sugar over them. If you want them to be even sweeter, you can roll the balls in the sugar instead
11) Flatten gently with a fork and let the Peppermint Patties stand, uncovered, at room temperature for one day
Whether you give these adorable little candies to loved ones as a special Christmas gift or you keep them for your own decorative holiday treats, the Peppermint Patties are sure to become a festive staple in your home for the holidays. If you're looking for more delicious Christmas recipes, you'll love these:
- Christmas Peppermint Bark
- DIY Holiday Gift - Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix with Coasters, Recipes and Gift Tags
- Three Delicious Christmas Cocktail Recipes
- Free Printable Gingerbread House Template and a Delicious Recipe
For awesome and eco-friendly seed paper gift ideas all under $20 - check out the Green Gifts Guide today.
Make sure to stay in the loop to receive more 12 Weeks of Christmas goodies by joining our mailing list and following us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. And if you're looking for other great holiday freebies and DIY's check out a few of our favorites from last year.