Being engaged is one of the most special times of your life - a new chapter awaits you and the wedding is just the beginning. Although being engaged will make you feel blissful and excited, it also comes with a lot of stress. If you're like most bride & groom-to-be's, it can seem like the minute after your fiancé slips the sparking diamond ring on your finger, your mind quickly becomes flooded with dozens of thoughts and questions: When should you set the date? Who will be in your wedding party and how should you ask them? Which venue should you choose and when should you book it? What kind of budget should you set?
While there's no way to completely free yourself of wedding anxiety, these tips will help lessen the stress so you can actually enjoy your time as an engaged couple.
1) Tell the World: This is the first and most exciting step in your engagement story. Although some of your friends and family might have had a heads up about the proposal, they'll still be thrilled when you fill them in with all of the magical details. Taking an Instagram photo of your shiny new ring is great to do, but make sure you personally tell immediate family members and close friends - they might be upset if they have to find out about the proposal on their news feeds or by a mass email. Set aside a few hours and call the most important people in your contact list. You can also ask your mom and/or sister for help with this - it'll be their first wedding tasks! It's also a great time to consider what kind of Save the Date cards you'll want to send out. We have a huge selection of beautiful and eco-friendly cards that would work perfectly as engagement announcements.
2) Bling Business: Although it'll never replace the sentimental value, insurance is a smart thing to have just in case something unfortunate happens to your beloved engagement ring. While you often have jewelry insurance within your home or renters policy, you'll likely have to get your ring appraised because policies depend on the value of your ring and what kind of coverage they can offer for it. Make time to speak with your insurance advisor sooner than later - the faster your precious ring is safe, the more relaxed you'll feel. It's also a great time to get your ring sized at a professional jeweller - you'll want to make sure it's the perfect fit.
3) Find Inspiration: This is where the real fun begins! Take some time looking through wedding blogs, magazines and Pinterest boards to find what kinds of styles, colours and themes you might want for your own wedding. This is one of the most important decisions you'll make, as these choices will be incorporated into most elements of your big day. From your bridal party to invitation styles, flowers, dresses, decorations and everything in between, your choices will be featured throughout the entirety of the wedding process. If you're looking for ways to find inspiration, check out our Pinterest page which is filled with tons of fabulous wedding-related boards. You'll also love our Color Crush Inspiration Boards which are dedicated to showcasing the most gorgeous and swoon-worthy color combinations and palettes for all kind of wedding styles and seasons.
4) Get Organized: In order to have a smooth-sailing wedding planning process, you'll need to be highly organized. Using a wedding planning book or binder, you'll be able to keep track everything from finances, timelines, to-do's, stationery, inspiration and much more. To cut down on the cost and make things easier and more organized, we have a free Wedding Planning Printable! Simply print it and use a three-hole punch to place the sections in a binder. Download yours here!
5) Money Matters: If you don't already have a savings account designated to special occasions like this, then it's time to make one. Even a small, simple and intimate wedding can cost much more than you expect so now it's the perfect time to establish a budget with your fiancé. By simply depositing a certain amount of money into this account after every paycheck, your wedding fund will grow without you having to charge the majority of the expenses on your credit card. We have a fantastic free printable for a Wedding Budget Planner that will be more than helpful. Download yours here!
6) Enjoy time with your fiancé: Planning a wedding can be one of the most stressful times of your life but the outcome is always worth it. One of the most important things to do is to remember to spend time with your new fiancé. Whether you plan weekly dinner dates, gym sessions or book a romantic couples massage, make sure you make time outside of the wedding planning to enjoy each other. They'll only be your fiancé for a few short months!
Congatulations again on your upcoming nuptuials! While this the months of planning and preparation can be stressful, just imagine the happiness you'll feel when you finally marry the love of your life at the wedding of your dreams. If you're looking for more wedding-themed freebies and tips, check out these posts for a Wedding Timeline Printable, a Wedding Invitation Etiquette Guide, Wedding Toast Do's and Don'ts Printable and so much more!
We want to send out a special Thank-You to Appelt's Diamond's in Winnipeg, Manitoba for allowing us to use that gorgeous photo of an exclusive Tacori engagement ring. It's definitely a diamond we would have a hard time saying no to!
Looking for more wedding stationery? We have tons to choose from including reply cards, menus, favors, seal and send wedding invitations and more! All printed on quality eco-friendly seed paper that grows flowers when planted.