When searching for ideas to style your dream wedding, looking to the past for mood setting inspiration is a great place to start. Historical art movements such as Art Nouveau have the ability to transcend and will never go out of style because they capture a moment in history. With soft organic elements and intricate detailing, this vintage style is filled with old world charm and has a romantic quality that will make your guests feel like the stepped into a dreamy storybook.
Take a look and get ideas for styling an Art Nouveau inspired wedding:
(Image source details below)
1. Bridal Party: Soft and dreamlike, these flowing bridal party dresses with floral headdresses blend in perfectly with an Art Nouveau theme but are still modern enough that all your bridesmaids will love them.
(Found on Pinterest via jennyyoo.com)
2. Vintage Ring: If you want a ring as unique as you are, then vintage is the way to go. This authentic Art Nouveau (circa 1905) engagement ring is a one of a kind, but a girl can dream!
(Found on Pinterest via trumpetandhorn.com)
3. Wedding Cake: This beautifully crafted Art Nouveau wedding cake is simply a work of art. The only downside is that the artistic design will strike guests so they might not want to eat it!
(Found on Pinterest via moncheribridals.com)
4. Vintage Books Centerpiece: Old books have become a classic idea for centerpieces, but we were drawn especially to the detailing on the cover for an Art Nouveau style wedding.
(found on Pinterest via stylemepretty.com)
5. Wedding Favors: With unique floral detailing, these pretty seed paper wedding favor tags, made for Art Nouveau inspired weddings, are part of a full plantable stationery collection including wedding invitations, save the dates and more.
(Found on botanicalpaperworks.com)
6. Bridal Gown: With beautifully embroidered details on the back, this soft and elegant gown filled with historic charm makes it perfect for a vintage style wedding.
(Found on Pinterest via aislesociety.com)
7. Table Accent Lights: This collection of light covers with classic Art Nouveau inspired detailing would look great on a guest table to help set the mood as guests arrive.
(Found on Pinterest via onewed.com)
8. Wedding Sign: Typography has the power to instantly take us back in time to an era, so incorporating fonts that resemble the period you are trying to capture is a great way to evoke the right mood.
(Found on Pinterest via lovemydress.net)
9. Place Setting: Intricate embellishments like the gold on these stunning plates and dinnerware and richness to the event and feeling of pure magic that will absolutely charm you and your guests.
(Found on Pinterest via boho-weddings.com)
Like what you see on our blog? Join our mailing list to receive emails with freebies, projects, coupons, green living tips and decor ideas and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.