Our Eco Commitment
Tested and Approved for Planting
Seed paper manufactured by Botanical PaperWorks is the ONLY seed paper approved by the CFIA and the USDA for planting in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and many other countries world-wide.
As a Canadian company, our seed paper isn’t allowed to leave the country without the seal of approval from these regulatory bodies. Each batch of seed is tested for purity to ensure that the seeds are free of noxious weeds and invasive species. In our opinion, this is one of your most important considerations when choosing a seed paper provider.
You don’t want to be the cause of noxious weeds and invasive plants introduced into your country’s soil.
If you’re concerned about what you, your customers and your guests are putting into the ground, the only option is to choose seed paper that has been tested and certified as pure. That means Botanical PaperWorks Inc.
And what about growing the paper? There’s no point in using seed paper if it doesn’t grow. That’s why we test every batch for good germination and robust growth. And if you ask us to make seed paper with a seed that we’ve tested and it doesn’t germinate well, we’ll say no thanks.
We refuse to sell a product that doesn’t grow.
Botanical PaperWorks is committed to making sound, beneficial choices to positively affect the world around us. As manufacturers of eco-friendly seed paper, we take this eco commitment seriously.
An Eco-APPROVED Company
Botanical PaperWorks is committed to running our business in a way that helps the environment and benefits the community in which we’ve been “planted”. Here is a snapshot of some of the things that we do:
- We collect post-consumer waste from businesses and schools in our local area and use this waste as the basis for our product, plantable seed eco-friendly paper. Through this collection, we save the local landfill 10 tons of paper per year.
- Our plantable seed paper composts away when planted, leaving wildflowers and no waste.
- The eco-friendly seed paper products are packaged in corn plastic that biodegrades when composted.
- Manufacturing waste is repurposed and reused in order to minimize our impact on the environment as a result of the production of plantable eco-friendly paper.
- As a company and as individuals, we are passionately committed to recycling.
- Through our process improvement initiatives, we have reduced our own office paper use by 75% since 2000.
- As volunteers in local schools and non-profit groups, we are teaching the next generation about reducing, reusing and recycling.
We continue to look for ways to improve our practices and encourage an on-going dialogue on our Facebook page so that together we can adopt and maintain better ecological practices in the production of our eco-friendly paper products.